Fishstone’s GFRC AD-PAC™ is a multi-component proprietary blend of admixtures & modifiers. This unique blend makes it easy to produce Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete (GFRC). GFRC AD-PAC™ encompasses years of testing & Utilizes the newest and most advanced technologies available with best in class vertical hold and surface characteristics.
EASY TO USE:
Batching & making the highest quality GFRC mixes has never been so easy. In addition to GFRC AD-PAC™ simply add sand, cement, fiber & water (See next page for starting recipe).
What’s in Fishstone’s GFRC AD-PAC™
- Improves flexural strength
- When dosed at 5% effective polymer load is 2.5% polymer solids. High enough to act as curing admix eliminating the need of the 7-day wet cure allowing you to strip your forms much sooner
- Improved dispersion of color pigment and reduce color variation in panels
- Greatly reduces water requirements resulting in stronger concrete
- Provides very high spread rates, improved workability and greater fluidity
3) Shrinkage Reducer
- Greatly minimizes curling
- Reduction of shrinkage or map cracking
- formulated to reduce drying shrinkage
- Increases Density and virtually eliminates pin holes
- Improved density of mix (decreased permeability)
5) Wetting Agents
- Helps flow and dispersion of fibers
- Improves cement hydration
- Provides a homogeneous distribution and color strength of pigments
6) Water Proofer
- Increases water resistance and durability of cured concrete (hydrophobizing)
GFRC AD-PAC™ Recommendations:
- Dose at 5-6% of cementitious weight (5-6 lbs. per hundred weight of cement)
- Start with a .28 -.30 Water:Cement ratio
- Can be used with just about any cementitious composition including CSA (Calcium Sulfa Alumina) and/or Pozzolans for increased performance.
- A recommended GFRC sample recipe (50lb batch) is as follows:
o 21 lbs (9.5Kg) Federal White Cement
o 21 lbs (9.5Kg) silica sand (30 sieve or finer)
o 6-6.5 lbs (2.7-2.9Kg) water
o 1-1.25 lbs (.5-.6Kg) GFRC AD-PAC™
o (For Face Coat) .1lb (47grams) PVA Fiber
o (For Backer Coats Only) 1 lbs (.5Kg) AR Glass Fibers(added last after other ingredients are thoroughly mixed)
- It is recommended to mix GFRC AD-PAC™ with other dry ingredients then added to water. See our concrete recipes page for further information on mix design.
- GFRC AD-PAC™ contains no Pozzolans or fibers and may be added as desired. We recommend a minimum addition of .5% PVA fibers of cementitious for increased impact resistance & shrinkage crack control. Additional Optimum 380 Plasticizer may be added for increased flow.
Recommended Sealers to use with GFRC AD-PAC™ mixes:
- Crete Barrier is recommended for applications where water and oil resistance is needed
- U-SEAL is recommended for ultimate protection where water, oil and acid resistance is needed
Storage & Shelf Life:
- Should be stored in in a cool & dry environment. Avoid High humidity which may cause product to clump
- With proper storage conditions, normal shelf life will be 12 months
- GFRC AD-PAC™ is a powder and can create dust. Avoid excessive dust buildup. Keep away from ignition sources. Avoid breathing dust and wear OSHA appropriate dust mask
- This product is warranted to be of merchantable quality when used according to the instruction herein. It is not warranted to be suitable for any purpose or use other than the general purpose for which it is intended. Liability under this warranty is limited to the replacement of the product as purchased, if found to be defective upon inspection by the manufacturer. This limited warranty is issued and accepted in lieu of all other expressed warranties and explicitly excludes liability for consequential damages. Buyer assumes all risk and liability resulting from the use of this product.
Click Here for a downloadable Data Sheet and further information