Super-Six Ultra High Performance Mix Design
Super-SIX-Admix™ is a multi-component proprietary blend of SIX unique admixtures. This premium Admixture makes it easy to produce concrete tile, shower surrounds, furniture, counter tops, and sculptural pieces using different types of concrete recipes, including some of these listed below.
• High Performance Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete (GFRC)
• Engineered Concrete Composition (ECC)
• Ultra high performance concrete (UHPC)
Designed to produce extremely dense and strong concrete, Super-SIX-Admix™ is very different from most admixes and it is recommended that you do some testing and some experimentation prior to using in production. Below are some recommendations for achieving these results from Super-SIX. Keep in mind these are starting recipes and locally sourced materials are different and slight modification to each may be necessary.
To achieve a fluid self-compacting mixture:
• Use a spherical shaped silica sand 30-50 sieve or finer.
• Dose the water at .30 and the Super six at 5-6% of your cementitious weight
• Pre-blend your dry ingredients
• Add about 90% of your batch water. Add the balance of water if a more fluid mix is desired.
• Mix batch until fluid and homogeneous, should find air bubbles rising to the surface when you stop the mixer
• Allow mixture to set for 2-5 minutes then remix
• Additional plasticizer can be added to achieve desired consistency
• Make sure your casting table or mold is level as this very fluid mix will seek its own level in the mold.
• Pour into one location in your mold and allow the mix to flow out on its own.
• Allow mixture to set and cover with plastic for 24hrs.
Recommended Starting Recipes using Super-Six-Admix for a 50lb batch
High Performance Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete (GFRC)
• 20.8 lbs Portland Cement
• 20.8 lbs #40-50 silica sand
• 6.2 lbs Water at .30 W:C
• 1 lbs Super-SIX-Admix
• 1 lbs AR-Glass Fiber
Engineered Concrete Composition (ECC)
• 20.7 lbs Portland Cement
• 1.1 lbs Silica Fume
• 21.7 lbs #40-50 silica sand
• 6.5 lbs Water
• 0.4 lbs PVA Fibers
• 1.1 lbs Super-SIX-Admix
Ultra High Performance Concrete (UHPC)
• 17.9 lbs Portland Cement
• 1.3 lbs Silica Fume
• 15 lbs #40-50 silica sand
• 6.2 lbs #50-80 silica sand
• 3.8 lbs Silica Flour- 325 minus
• 5.8 lbs Water
• 0.5 lbs PVA Fibers
• 1 lbs Super-SIX-Admix